Juniper Custom Libraries - Full Custom - Get Started With A Deposit!
Whether you envision a library built around a subject, a color, an author, a binding style, a book size, a design, or anything else, we can help. Starting here on this page will open you up to all our services to help plan and assemble a dream library; planning, curation, design, and logistics are a few we offer.
Here are some ideas to think about as we get started.
- What would you like your library to look like? An old English library featuring rare and antique leather books? A contemporary curated library with custom-designed jackets? Something in between?
- What books do you want to see on your shelves? Or is this a decorative-only project featuring custom-designed jackets on books brought in for their size, not content?
- In our communications, feel free to reference any of the hundreds of examples throughout our website, or images from social media or other sources.
Steps we can take with you.
- Planning your Library
- Reviewing elevations, plans, shop drawings, and photographs depending on what is available
- Researching, Cataloging, & Curating your Library
- Library Layout & Design
- Shipping and Installation Logistics
Start by clicking "Get Started with a Deposit" on this page and proceed to checkout.
- We'll contact you within 2 business days of receiving your deposit to discuss the above bullets.
- Once we have time to discuss what you are looking for, we'll assign a curator to research book availability and/or a designer to create an initial jacket design and rendering, typically taking 1-2 weeks.
- We'll present you with a proposal and the initial Design Concept, outlining the project's total cost and lead time.
- If you accept the Estimate, we'll send you an Invoice for payment before acquiring the books and finalizing the design. The deposit will be deducted from the project estimate.
Full Custom projects vary widely in cost and lead time.
Please note that the Deposit is non-refundable. The deposit covers our labor to research books and prepare design concepts and proposals.
Juniper Books creates the most beautiful and thoughtfully curated book sets, collections and libraries in the world. The brand makes special, art forward editions of books you know and love. For those who appreciate literature and design Juniper Books are collectible works of art for your bookshelf. From current pop culture fandom to time enduring classics, the brand has something for everyone.
Juniper Books was founded in 2001 by Thatcher Wine, a lifelong lover of reading and book collecting. He began his journey sourcing one-of-a-kind and rare book collections for clients around the world. A few years later, Thatcher invented custom book jackets and Juniper Books' customers fully embraced this new concept. Every Juniper Books set is made by hand in Boulder, Colorado.
Frequently Asked Questions
Custom book set orders can take as little as one week. Curated and designed libraries can take several months. Please see each product page for lead times.
Yes, we can design jackets using photographs and artwork you provide (so long as it is not copyrighted by others).
Yes, but we would need the books shipped to us to precisely measure them, then we will make custom jackets, place them on your books and ship them back to you.
Yes, we ship all around the world. Every year we ship books to over 65 countries!