Juniper Custom Libraries - Full Custom - Get Started With A Deposit!
If you have landed on this page, most likely you have not found a product page on our site for exactly the Library you are looking for. Great news, we can still make it for you as a Full Custom offering!
Whether you envision a Library built around a subject, a color, an author, a binding style, a book size, a design, or anything else, we can help.
Some ideas to think about when we get started:
- What would you like your library to look like? An old English library featuring rare and antique leather books? A contemporary curated library with custom-designed jackets? Something in between?
- In our communications, feel free to reference any of the hundreds of examples throughout our website, or images from social media or other sources.
Steps we will take with you
- Planning your Library
- Reviewing elevations, plans, shop drawings, and photographs depending on what is available
- Researching, Cataloging & Curating your Library
- Library Layout & Design
- Shipping and Installation Logistics
Please see below for the steps in the Full Custom process.
Full Custom in 5 Easy Steps:
- To get started, click Get Started with a Deposit on this page and proceed to checkout.
- Within 2 business days of receiving your deposit, we will follow up to determine:
- How we should curate and organize the books for your Library, by author, reading age, subject, size, binding style, or other approaches
- How many books you would like in your collection
- Your design preferences.
- Once we have this information, we will assign a Curator to research availability of the books and assign a Designer to create initial jacket design concepts. This part of the process may take 1-2 weeks.
- We will then present an Estimate and initial Design Concepts to you including the proposed total cost of the project and the lead time.
- Should you choose to accept the Estimate, we will send you an Invoice to pay prior to acquiring the books and producing the custom printed jackets.
Full Custom projects vary widely in cost and lead time.
Please note that the Deposit is non-refundable . The deposit covers our labor to research books and prepare design concepts.
Juniper Books creates the most beautiful and thoughtfully curated book sets, collections and libraries in the world. The brand makes special, art forward editions of books you know and love. For those who appreciate literature and design Juniper Books are collectible works of art for your bookshelf. From current pop culture fandom to time enduring classics, the brand has something for everyone.
Juniper Books was founded in 2001 by Thatcher Wine, a lifelong lover of reading and book collecting. He began his journey sourcing one-of-a-kind and rare book collections for clients around the world. A few years later, Thatcher invented custom book jackets and Juniper Books' customers fully embraced this new concept. Every Juniper Books set is made by hand in Boulder, Colorado.
Frequently Asked Questions
Custom book set orders can take as little as one week. Curated and designed libraries can take several months. Please see each product page for lead times.
Yes, we can design jackets using photographs and artwork you provide (so long as it is not copyrighted by others).
Yes, but we would need the books shipped to us to precisely measure them, then we will make custom jackets, place them on your books and ship them back to you.
Yes, we ship all around the world. Every year we ship books to over 65 countries!